3/9/09

The Nanny State Strikes Again

Hunter, I told you not to chew on your PW-50! Now get back here and play your Wii and eat your meds!

When riding is outlawed, only outlaws will ride.

Thank you CPSC. I'm not making this shit up. Read it here:
LINK. Quads and mini bikes outlawed because kids might absorb lead from paint or batteries?

Seriously. If a kid eats the battery out of his dirt bike, as far as I'm concerned he had it coming and it's just natural selection thinning the herd. Which we could use right now. WTF?

.
.

5 comments :

Flatironmike said...

see Bill, you look so much better snd younger when you shave off that hideous beard type thingy that was on your jib....

Unknown said...

For all the things the administration is doing to "stimulate" the economy, this is another trip backwards. It's self sabotage. Unbelievably asinine.

Bill said...

Thanks Mike. I think.

Andy, I don't think this is the administration's fault, the CPSC has been working on this stuff for a long time before big O got in there. I just blame the state of our "take no responsibility" culture that encourages this kind of thing to happen. One more nail in the coffin of common sense and personal responsibility.

Sorry folks, I try to keep political rants off here, but this was motorcycle related so I figured it was fair game.

Terry Whitehurst said...

El Torro de Caca...

Unknown said...

Hey Bill, I wasn't putting it on the admin, just showing what they are up against. Lotta ingrained shit.