11/27/09

The Good Old Days

I have a fetish for old photos, especially if they include cars, bikes, architecture or signage/typography. This thread has been called the Greatest Thread on the Internet. That's a bold statement, but not one without merit. Some of the pics are poached from the Life Mag sets or have been seen on other forums etc, but many of them were new to me. Not a ton of bike content, but plenty of period hot rods, early VWs, tons of black and white cityscapes. My favorites are the amateur color shots of everyday scenes. B&W is neat, and so crisp, but it makes anything look cooler than reality. The color stuff seems more honest and interesting. Whatever, here's a bundle I pulled off (click 'em for a larger view) and there is another couple hours worth on there if you've got the time.
.
.








































































.
.

6 comments :

Hermit said...

Thanks! What a tasty, after-Thanksgiving treat.

Hermit said...

Orange bike with club member on it.('63 or so, Chevy pick-up in background) My first thought was a K-model, but not with that boat-tail rear fender or tank. Indian? or British?


Help

Fashion Serial Killer said...

So rad! I want that orange bike and the ranchero.
Also, wtf are you doin up so early? Your cd is ready.I just have to burn the playlist. I hope you like old country and classic cock. I mean rock.

Vicky Coleman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fashion Serial Killer said...

oh yah, you need to check out The Selvedge Yard blog. You'll get a big ol' boner for sure..such great stuff

buzzkiller said...

Thanks, love the smile on that kids face