3/24/10

The Bad Idea



I got this old Chinese knock-off of a '38 Beemer last year from my friend Arto for a ridiculous price because it quit running, couldn't be registered and he knew my kids would get a kick out of it. It sat mocking me while other projects got in the way. I finally got sick of it this week and spent a little time chasing the wiring, found a problem, fixed it and fired it up! We tooled around the parking lot for a while and nothing fell off so we closed up shop and hit the road for a few miles. Rad! Now, on to the registration battle. I can't wait to race this thing at the Hell on Wheels Motorally coming up at the Lake Elsinore MX track. I've got some special paint in mind for this one...

4 comments :

Erik Westergaard said...

Too bad I have to work a completely different race that weekend or I would be volunteering to be the monkey in the sidecar!

Fashion Serial Killer said...

can i have it when you are done with it ;oP good luck at the races!

BFJosh said...

I already called sidehack duties

Bill said...

No way Cindy, you'd have to fight my whole family and the dog for that thing. But I'll give you a ride one of these days, it's actually pretty damn fun if you don't have to stop quickly.