7/11/11

Highway 33 Ojai-Taft-Pine Mountain


Matt over at Dice and Caleb from Cro Customs have posted some great pictures of Hwy 33 lately so I decided this last Saturday it was my turn to go take a look. I could go on and on about the roads in Nor Cal and Oregon but up until this point the Sherman Pass road out of Kernville and over to Kennedy Meadows has been my favorite Southern California route if I have a day to kill....that all ended last Saturday. 33 has a bit of everything. Big sweepers and tight technical corners that can scare ya real quick if you're not paying attention. The Highway is in great shape and traffic was super mellow for a Saturday in July. Camping is everywhere and there's a few old bars to wet yer whistle at! I'll plot out a Map of the route I took and plan a little SUB24over-nighter real soon. I took Forest road 95 on the way back towards the grapevine and that was epic as well. No cars and amazing views with empty campgrounds.

 Above is the Forest Road 95

 Plenty of spots to get gas for your Shomper or blobber.



I was greeted with empty campgrounds and dive bars. I left Saturday morning at 9AM and was home by 1:00 in the afternoon Sunday. Great roads and good times. Good riding with you Code 415 Matt!

No comments :