8/27/11

Workin' for the Weekend


Happy Hour was a good time last night. Thanks to Terry for hooking up the Ballast Point and to everyone else for coming by. I'm always the annoying kook walking around shooting photos of everything but last night I only snapped a couple. Here's one of an amazing preunit with a great backstory (I'll get into that later, look for a full feature on Chop Cult.) A half dozen of us took off on what I call the "Shakedown" loop about 3:00. Just a mile and a half of dusty washboard and then a couple great backroads for 20-ish miles chock full of twisties and a couple really steep climbs then back to the shop for beers and bullshitting.

It has been hot as hell out here in the desert so the invite from my friend Rich to go wake surfing behind his boat all day today was a great way to cool off. I was stoked that I got right up and had some fun. BOATS = Bust Out Another Thousand, so I appreciate the chance to do something like this. Rich, you rule. Good times!



That's Capitan Rich towing Erik on the wake skate towards the end of the day.

No comments :